Monday, July 1, 2013

Greeniegreen

So this week has been alot of fun. :) Sister Pina and I picked up Sister Biggs Tuesday afternoon. Oh, it was a lot of fun. The same thing happened to Biggs that happened to me when I got here, the map of cape verde came up on the powerpoint, they say your name, your trainer's name (your trainer RUNS in the room to hug you), they say where you will be serving, and you take a picture together! It was cool to finally be the one stampeding into the room. :)

Sister Biggs doesn't understand about half of anything. hahah. I think she understands, then I look at her, she gives me the blank stare and starts smiling. hahaha. Nope, nada. She getting better at asking us to repeat things to her.

This week, I taught Sister Pina how to give trainings, and trained Sister Biggs. Personal study, Comp study, Train, train. I've come up with a newer, more complicated study schedule, but it will work out better bc now Sis Biggs can language study with me instead of by herself.

It is the following:
Buhler Biggs Pina
8 ---Lang------ PS

9 PS ------Tr-------

10 --T--- PS ---T----

11 ---------CompS--------

You get that? Make sense? So Pina will do Biggs' training from now on. That's what Pres wants. And that is fine by me. :) I make them language flash cards, and scripture cards to memorize in their spare time. Man. I think giving me 2 comps is the best thing the Lord ever did to me. I'm so busy! I mean I normally kept myself busy in other companionships, but now being responsible for more things.. its great. Being busy is being happy. :)


Speaking of which, tomorrow is the leadership coucil here in Praia. I'll be going to that by myself and my comps will go out and work. I'm a little worried for Biggs.. ahaha. But she'll do fine. It'll be a good wake up call for her. :)


My comps are so funny. I wish everyone could meet them. Their mannerisms just kill me. ahahaa. Sister Pina mostly communicates in quick look/facial expressions.. the facial expressions are so fast they are just looks. And she is so sweetly patient with Sister Biggs. These two are just so cute together. I swear. They help each other with the languages they are learning.. man. I am a LUCKY and BLESSED missionary to have them. :)

Olga got baptized this week. She's a sweet little doe eyed girl who has alot of member friends and we're trying to help her mom accept the gospel. She cant read so she's really shy.

MARIO got baptized this week!!! And his whole family came!! I sat next to his mom at the baptism.. she cried! Man... I am so happy for Mario.. :) goodness me.

I have enclosed pictures of..

Me and Sister Pina eating cake.
Me, Sister Biggs and Sister Pina.
me, yerman and her greenie sharp, biggs, pina and payton (pina's real mom)


So uh, yup. That's it!
Until later!
Sister Buhler



No comments:

Post a Comment