Monday, June 10, 2013

Itzapraia

So this week was an AWESOME week to be me. HOLY MOLEY.

We had visits from the sister leaders. Which means I saw Vander! :D It was alot of fun. We got to do a one hour division. So Vander and I taught the first lesson to a man named Totu... He's HUGE! When I saw huge, I mean BUFF! He went to prison for 3yrs for something he didnt do.. He now works in security. Yerman and I marked a baptism date with him later on. He was like, "Yeah, that's cool. You guys know what is best." He's amazing. and he has a woman. Who is SUPER nice. I hope we can help them get married...


When Sister Robinson came down from S. Antao, we told her sister yerman was brazilian. HAAHHA. For a whole day. And she believed it. I wish I was mexican and could do cool things like her. My comp also got called "Japa" this week. hahahaa. No one ever gets her nationality right.


Zediani got baptized this week! :D Oh man. Our bishop baptized her. She got in the


NO ONE TELL ANYONE.. but we are planning a casamento escondido. Haha. Our investigator, Janice has been living with a reactivated lessactive member... and they were against marriage. Not against it... but they didnt know when to get married. and she didnt want to move out of his room. Well, Yesterday I finally was like, " So you dont want to move out Janice? Then our invite today is for you guys to start your wedding papers this week. Don't worry about the date until later. Just start the papers because you have to get married." For some reason, things fell into place after that... I shared my Aunt Debra's eloping experience (Thanks Debra and Garren!) and told them how important it is to keep the commandments. Then Janice was like, "I'd like to do that.. a secret wedding. How do you do that?" --Just get married in the courthouse. "Thats it?" --Thats it. "I dont need to be married in the church?" --Nope. Thats just the Catholic church. You'll go to the temple a year later. "Ok." Hahaha. we asked Lindinho to say the closing prayer and he was like "Give me a minute...I'm just so happy right now." Hahahaha. I'M SO EXCITED! secret wedding. secret wedding!


Other news, I'm 2 weeks behind in my journal. My comp and I are pooped all of the time. OH!! Check our numbers!!! (keep in mind we made our goals to challenge us!)

Goal/what happened:
bat 1/1
date marked 8/11
lessons with members 15 /17
other 0/11
new inv 8/15
less active lessons 3/6
training members 2/4
(obviously i excluded the goals we didnt meet. hhaaha. but these are the most important ones anyways.)

We aslo had 6 people at church. But only 4 were at sacrament meeting.

Also, Heavenly Father loves me because I accidently left my camera card sitting on the counter at this internet place last week (stupid I know), and no one stole it! We came back, and we sent the other sisters back here during the week.. nothing. You would think after asking twice it would be gone, but THANKFULLY, the lady today had found it last week! :D Thank heavens.. It had precious pictures from Sao Vicente on it. WHEW! Thanks Heavenly Father!

Also, today we found King Burger! hahaha. The knockoff burger king. We talked to the worker there... He is now a reference for the Elders.hahaha.

I love Praia. This week I'll be on divisions with Sister Payton. I'm excited! I love Payton! Also, I learned her greenie is scared of me. hahahhaha.


Also, we found a gecko in our house last night! He doesn't live with us anymore... He lives outside. He took a ride on sister yerman's skirt. hahahaha.


Ate logo!
Love, Sister Buhler

No comments:

Post a Comment