Monday, May 20, 2013

Pwaia

Well, I've met my comp Sister Yerman. She's the BOMB. I love her so much. She's half mexican so she's picked up the language super fast and everyone here loves her! She's in her 2nd transfer so I'm her step-mom. This week has been a bit crazy because we've had 3 dying sisters in our house all week and a bunch of newbs coming in and going out to their new areas. But it's been interesting. Tomorrow all of the dead folks go back to their countries. That'll be sad... But I'm happy for them! :)

My camera still isn't recognizing the computer. poop.

Anyways, We had 2 baptisms scheduled fo this past week. 2daughters of a recent convert. The younger one was scared of the water so we are going to try again next week. I wish I could show you their pictures...

Praia is interesting. There are alot of Fogo people here! :D I love Fogo.. haha. OH! So there was this less active named Shuduko that Sister Robinson and I were working with in Sao Filipe.. and as he was starting to try to turn his life around he told us he was going to Praia. Well, I just knew that was
the end of that. Praia has nothing but rapes and shootings. If he was bad in fogo, who knows how bad he could get in Praia. Well Guess what? I saw him. At the church on Saturday. In a white shirt and tie!!! And He has 2 weeks left in his mission prep class and then he and his gf are going to send off their mission papers!!!! He told me, "How is Sister Robinson? You know you both started up the spark of light in my life, and I got here and wasn't going to go to church, but then I remembered that I promised you that I'd go to church, so I did. I didn't go in Sunday clothes, but when I got there Sonia came up to me and talked to me. (Sonia is his gf)"
As a side note, we walked into our baptism's house this week and she was already in there teaching a lesson on baptism to the kids.... She's the Primary President and she is a BOSS.

We had ward counsel on Sunday.... I felt like I was dreaming. The bishop actually helped. Kept things breif and let the missionaries go first so we could leave and teach... AND MEMBERS GIVE US REFERENCES. It's heaven here. I'm so serious. I understand why Pres wants weekly baptisms now.. bc here in Praia, it could be possible. But I feel like its different on the other islands..


Basically, I love it here. I'm happy to be here. Heavenly Father is seriously, the NICEST. :)

Oh and they check the mail twice a week here. So if people want to send me mail.. :) I'd like that!

Love, Sister Buhler

No comments:

Post a Comment